Easy, no cook vegan butterscotch chips are perfect for baking, as a topping or eating right out of the jar. They are perfectly sweet and melt in your mouth thanks to a secret ingredient!
I cannot begin to express my level of excitement for VEGAN BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS.
Every Christmas I end up googling ‘vegan butterscotch chips’ for recipes I want to make and being so disappointed because they are either insanely expensive to buy or the recipe tells me try to melt brown sugar and vegan butter (have you tried that? It ain’t happenin’.)
So, I had a revelation. Did you know that Jell-o Butterscotch Pudding mix is accidentally vegan?
Damn, I love those accident prone vegan products (sup, Oreo’s!).
So instead of melting brown sugar and butter and using a damn candy thermometer, why don’t you throw some butterscotch pudding mix, almond milk and coconut oil in a blender and freeze that shit?
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS?
First, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then, melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
Pour the butterscotch pudding mix, almond milk and melted coconut oil into a blender.
Blend it well, you may have to stop to scrape down the sides.
Pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula. I actually found it easier to cut in the thicker areas, so don’t spread it too thin.
Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
Cut the chips into the size you want using a butter knife or pizza cutter on the parchment paper.
PLACE THEM BACK IN THE FREEZER WITHOUT TAKING THEM OFF THE PARCHMENT PAPER.
They will melt fast! Let them freeze back up for about 30 minutes after cutting into desired size.
Take them out again and use a pancake flipper to gently scrape them off the parchment paper and place them in a container or plastic bag.
Only take the vegan butterscotch chips out of the freezer immediately before use.
These Vegan Butterscotch Chips worked perfectly in our Vegan Cuban Lunch Chocolates!
- 1 pack butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Add the pudding mix, melted coconut oil and almond milk to a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread out with a spatula into uniform thickness (this doesn't have to be perfect.)
- Freeze for 1-3 hours.
- Take out and cut into small chip shapes with a pizza cutter or butter knife.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes to refirm.
- Take out and gently scrape them off the parchment paper with a pancake flipper and place in a container or freezer bag.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LOOKING FOR MORE SWEET VEGAN RECIPES?
Did you make these Easy Vegan Butterscotch Chips? Let us know how they turned out in the comments and click image below to pin the recipe for later!