Vegan Lemon Matcha Marble Loaf
Looking for a vegan cake that’s both visually stunning and delicious? You won’t want to miss this Vegan Lemon Matcha Marble Loaf recipe!
This unique dessert combines the bright, zesty flavor of lemon with the earthy bitterness of matcha to create a tantalizing taste experience.
Made with simple ingredients like all-purpose flour, almond milk, and vegetable oil, this cake is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
The lemon-infused batter is swirled with matcha for a striking marbled effect that will impress your guests. And with a creamy frosting made from chilled coconut cream and soaked cashews, this vegan cake is a decadent treat that satisfies any sweet tooth.
For the Cake:
- 2 cups – All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Caster sugar
- 1.5 cup – Almond milk
- ¼ cup – Corn starch
- ¼ cup – Lemon juice
- 1 tsp – Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp – Matcha
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp – Baking powder
- ½ cup – Vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp – Salt
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup – Chilled coconut cream
- ½ cup – Soaked cashews
- ½ tsp – Lemon zest or lemon extract
- ¼ tsp – Salt
- 2 tbsp – Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, and almond milk until frothy.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract to the wet mixture and whisk again.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, stirring with a spatula until a smooth batter forms.
- Take out 1/3 of the batter and place it into a separate bowl. Add the matcha powder to the 1/3 batter and mix until well combined.
- To the remaining 2/3 of the batter, add the lemon zest and fold it in until evenly mixed.
- Start layering the batter in the loaf pan by adding a little bit of the lemon batter to the pan, followed by a layer of matcha batter. Alternate between the lemon and matcha batters until all the batter is used up.
- Bake the loaf for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, place all the ingredients into a blender jar and process for 3-5 minutes until you get a smooth mixture.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the loaf in dollops, then slice and enjoy!