[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.7″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is super mushroomy, easy to make and has just the right amount of tang. Vegan ground beef optional!
The original beef stroganoff is a dish that came out of Russia. It was pretty much cooking beef in a sourcream sauce and serving over noodles.
Our take is quite a bit healthier because of the sauce being made out of veggies.
You can opt out of the veggie ground beef if you want. And feel free to serve over noodles, rice, mashed potatoes or toast!
How Do You Make Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff?
Start by preparing your broad noodles (or rice or mashed potatoes). Set aside.
For the sauce: Bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients listed under sauce. Boil for 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Add the broth, veggies and spices to a blender. Blend starting on low and increase the speed carefully. Blend until smooth.
For the mushroom mixture: Heat the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute 5-7 minutes. Add the veggie ground if using and cook for two more minutes.
Add the sour cream and sauce. Mix to combine.
Serve hot over broad noodles!
- 375g pack of broad noodles
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Mushroom/ Veggie Ground Mix
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine or oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package veggie ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Cook your noodles according to package instructions, set aside.
- For the sauce: Bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add all the ingredients to the veggie broth (veggies, spices, etc.) Boil for about 10 min, until veggies are tender.
- Pour everything including liquid into a blender. Carefully blend starting slowly then increasing the speed. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- For the mushroom/veggie ground mix: Heat the oil on medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes. Add the veggie ground if using and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sour cream and pour in the sauce. Mix to combine.
- Serve hot over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or toast!
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN RECIPES?
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Buffalo Wings
- Vegan Meatloaf
- Vegan Cajun Po’Boy