Vegan Udon Soup is super healthy and comes together quickly. Packed with veggies and a simple broth that’s loaded with flavor from just a couple of ingredients.
This soup is on our all time favorite list simply because it is SO fast and easy to make. Our kids love it, we love it and there really are no bad ingredients, especially if you use Bragg’s soy seasoning in place of soy sauce.
The broth tastes like it should have so many more ingredients than Bragg’s and sriracha but really it’s the sesame oil that gives it a delicious depth.
If you haven’t tried sesame oil yet, it’s awesome.
This is one of those ‘use what ya got left in the fridge type soups’ so feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand.
We love to use the fat udon noodles found in the 200g packs!
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN UDON SOUP?
There are a few steps simply because some veggies take longer to cook than others and if you add the broccoli too soon it will end up mushy. So it’s worth it to follow all the steps if you don’t like your veggies over cooked!
Start by heating the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the sesame oil, sriracha, garlic, black pepper, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Fry for about 5 minutes.
Pour in the veggie broth and soy sauce. Bring the soup to a rolling boil.
Once it’s boiling, adding the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the broccoli and udon noodles and keep it on a low boil for 5 more minutes.
Take it off the heat and serve with a garnish of chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds!
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sriracha to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- Pinch black pepper
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1-2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 udon noodle packs (200g/pack)
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 Braggs soy sauce
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, sriracha, garlic, black pepper, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth and soy sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add broccoli and udon noodles while keeping on a low boil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Feel free to add any of the following:
- Frozen peas/corn
- Any other veggie you want
- More sirracha or red pepper flakes for a spicy soup
- Tofu for protein
- Replace the noodles with rice or quinoa but make sure you add it when you put in the broth!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1296mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 10gSugar: 12gProtein: 23g