Comforting Fall soup uses fresh veggies harvested from the garden and can be made in less than 25 minutes. Packed full of delicious fresh veggies and flavors to remind you of fall, this soup is sure to be a family hit!
Have you been googling fall soup recipes because of all the in season veggies? Starting around the middle to end of August and into September, we start to get get a LOT of veggies from the garden coming in. Zucchini, potatoes, onions, carrots, peas, corn, sweet peppers, garlic- oh my!
It’s so fun to zip out to the garden and come back in with an armload of fresh veggies. Super satisfying!
If you don’t have a garden- no worries. These are veggies that are usually on hand.
There’s just something about easy fall soups once the season starts to change, total bliss.
This soup comes together in about 25 minutes or less, is jam packed with fresh veggie goodness and tastes like comforting fall in a bowl.
The coconut adds a really nice flavor but feel free to replace with any other non-dairy milk.
HOW DO YOU MAKE COMFORTING FALL SOUP?
Start by heating up the oil or margarine in the bottom of your soup pot. Add in the onions and saute for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for another minute.
Add all the veggies and cook for 3 minutes.
Pour in the veggie broth and coconut milk, stir. Add the thyme, oregano, sage and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then turn the heat down to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are at the desired tenderness.
Turn off the heat and mash the veggies a few times with a potato masher or blend half the soup with an immersion blender.
LOOKING FOR MORE FALL INSPIRED RECIPE?
- Easy Healthy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Everything Mashed Potatoes
- How To Roast A Pumpkin
- Vegan Seitan Roast
- Easy Vegan Gravy
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine or oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 tbsp garlic diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 2 cups potato chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- One can coconut milk
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- Heat the oil or margarine on medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add all the other veggies, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, veggie broth, thyme, oregano, sage and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and turn to low. Cook for apprx. 15 minutes or until veggies are desired softness.
- Turn off the heat and mash some of the veggies with a potato masher to thicken the soup.
- Add peas, corn and salt to taste.
Feel free to blend half the soup with an immersion blender if you'd like it thicker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g