This vegan potato dill soup is perfect to whip up on a weeknight when you’re short on time. It’s creamy, tangy, dilly, packed with potatoes and an optional protein boost if you want something with a little more oomph!
This soup comes together in less than 30 minutes making it a great option if you’re short on time.
We love to over cook the veggies because our kids love extra soft carrots! And we do mostly add the quinoa or rice, it adds a nice protein punch.
Making this soup with coconut or almond milk makes it satisfyingly creamy with no need for dairy!
If you wanted to kick this up a notch, try blending a little bit with an immersion blender after the soup is completely done.
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN POTATO DILL SOUP?
Start by heating up the oil on medium. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until they’re soft. Throw in the garlic and saute for a minute.
Add all the rest of ingredients (including rice or quinoa if desired) but leave out the lemon and dill.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the veggies are at the desired tenderness (we love them SUPER soft for the kids)
Add the lemon and dill, stir and serve.
- 1 tbsp oil*
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stocks celery diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 half bell pepper diced
- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup almond milk OR water *almond milk makes it creamier
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 half lemon *squeezed to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- salt+pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup noodles/rice/quinoa *optional
- Cook onions in oil on medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add all ingredients (and noodles/quinoa/rice if wanted) except lemon and dill.
- Bring to a boil and cook until veggies are desired softness (15-20 min).
- Add lemon and dill.
- Stir and serve!
Use coconut instead of almond for a creamier soup.
Blend some or all of the soup if you desire.