Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
Using an air fryer to make crispy roasted potatoes is the BEST. It’s fast, easy and almost completely hands off.
You also use substantially less oil when roasting your potatoes making them healthier than traditional roasted potatoes!
This recipe is for classic herb and garlic roasted potatoes but we also have a Air Fryer Lemon Roasted Potatoes recipe if you’re interested.
How Do I Make Roast Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
Here are the steps for making roast potatoes in the air fryer:
- Dice your potatoes into 1.5″x1.5″ cubes. This size is perfect for making your potatoes tender on the inside but crispy on the outside.
- Pat your diced potatoes dry with a paper towel. Removing excess moisture makes them crispier.
- Place your potatoes in the air fryer and check your machines instructions for how much oil to use and how long/high to cook them for.
- Enjoy your air fryer roast potatoes!
RELATED: Vegan Twice Baked Potatoes
Are Air Fried Potatoes Healthy?
Air frying potatoes (especially ones that you peeled and chopping yourself, not pre-made fries) can be healthier than traditional methods of cooking. Air frying involves cooking with extremely hot air and only a small amount of oil.
This means that air fried potatoes are healthier because they’re cooked using less calories and fat! In fact, switching to an air fryer may aid in weight loss.
We’ve been using this air fryer for over 2 years and love it!
RELATED: Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
How To Make Herb And Garlic Air Fryer Roast Potatoes:
Dice the potatoes into 1-2 inch squares.
Place the potatoes in the air fryer. Add the oil.
Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes.
Stop the air fryer and sprinkle all the seasonings and then cook for 10-15 more minutes.
Potatoes should be brown and crispy! Serve hot!
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dice the potatoes into 1-2 inch squares.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer. Add the oil.
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Stop the air fryer and sprinkle all the seasonings and then cook for 10-15 more minutes.
- Potatoes should be brown and crispy! Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.