Vegan Caramel Heavenlies
Vegan Caramel Heavenlies are made with graham wafers, caramel sauce, gooey marshmallows and toasted coconut- in other words, they’re an absolute dream. The best part? They’re super EASY to make!
My mom has been making these since the early 90’s. The ones she made were made with gelatin marshmallows but that’s an easy fix with Dandies Vegan marshmallows!
The caramel is super simple, no candy thermometer required. We have found that using vegan butter baking sticks seems to work a lot better than vegan margarine. This is because of the higher water content in margarine.
So if you can get your hands on Earth balance buttery baking sticks, that would probably be best!
How do you make vegan caramel heavenlies?
Set your oven to 350.
Start by laying out 12 graham cookie rectangles over the bottom of a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the graham wafers.
Place the sugar, vegan butter and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
Spoon the caramel sauce over the marshmallows and graham wafers.
Evenly sprinkle the coconut over everything.
Place in the oven for 15 minutes, until the marshmallows and coconut are nicely toasted.
The marshmallows will puff up quite a bit but will shrink as they cool.
Slide the caramel heavenlies onto a wire rack to cool.
Once cooled, cut into desired square size and then cut the square diagonally to get two triangles.
Vegan Caramel Heavenlies
Vegan Caramel Heavenlies are made with graham wafers, caramel sauce, gooey marshmallows and toasted coconut- in other words, they're an absolute dream.
- 12 graham wafer squares
- 3 cups Dandies vegan marshmallows
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay 12 graham wafers evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the vegan marshmallows.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the vegan butter, corn syrup and brown sugar. Stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is incorporated. (it will look like a caramel sauce)
- Spoon evenly over the vegan marshmallows and graham wafers.
- Sprinkle the coconut evenly over everything.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and golden and the coconut is toasty.
- Remove from oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, cut into squares. Cut the squares diagonally to form triangles.
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN DELICIOUSNESS?
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Vegan Eatmore Bars
- Easy Vegan Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Eggnog
- Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes
- Vegan Cuban Lunch Chocolates
Did you make these Vegan Caramel Heavenlies? Let us know how they turned out for you in the comments! Click the image below to save this recipe for later!