Ultra rich, creamy, decadent vegan crockpot (or slow cooker) hot chocolate is a definite crowd pleaser. With real chocolate, cocoa, thick coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk- this recipe is no fail, delicious hot chocolate. Just in time for Christmas!
The idea of making crockpot or slow cooker hot chocolate is one that makes me so happy! You get to dump all the ingredients in, set it to low and walk away for 4 hours.
But the best part? You get the smell of warm chocolate with a hint of vanilla wafting through your house while it’s cooking.
What a great addition to a family gathering or Christmas party!
We tested this recipe on kids and adults, vegans and meat/dairy eaters. It got a thumbs up from everyone 🙂
The sweetened condensed coconut milk adds a really nice decadence, along with the chocolate chips.
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN CROCKPOT HOT CHOCOLATE?
Start by mixing the cocoa powder and 1 cup of the almond milk in a small bowl until smooth.
Add everything, including the cocoa mixture, into your crockpot or slow cooker. Set to low and cook for 4 hours.
Stir occasionally while it cooks.
When it’s done, give it a really good whisk. Serve with vegan marshmallows, vegan whip cream, cinnamon, whatever you feel like!
- 8oz can of sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 10 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Add the cocoa powder to a small bowl and add 1 cup of the almond milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add everything including the cocoa mixture to your crockpot or slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk well and serve with vegan marshmallows and coconut whip cream!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.