Vegan Eat More Bars- made with chocolate chips, corn syrup, Rice Krispies and peanuts! So incredibly easy to whip up for Christmas or holiday get togethers. Or any time really ?
We are so excited to give you guys this VEGAN EAT-MORE BAR RECIPE!!!
This recipe is one of those old and accidentally vegan ones. My mom has been making these since we were little kids and graciously let us share the recipe.
In her words,
They’re so scrumptiously yummy and need to be shared!
Darn right momma!
Although these aren’t the epitome of health, they’re quite a bit better than the original Eat More bars-
PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, MODIFIED PALM KERNEL OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED PALM OIL AND MODIFIED VEGETABLE OIL (SHEA, SUNFLOWER AND/OR SAFFLOWER), MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, DEXTROSE, HIGH MALTOSE CORN SYRUP*, CORN STARCH, SALT, SORBITOL*, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR, INVERTASE*, SULPHITES, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE*, TBHQ*, CITRIC ACID, COLOUR
These Eat More Bars are made with simple ingredients and you can whip them up in less than 25 minutes with NO BAKING required.
And, seriously, I hate making anything that requires a candy thermometer because that usually ends in disaster.
Even though you have to boil the corn syrup and chocolate chips to make a firmer candy, you don’t need a candy thermometer. Which makes this recipe damn near perfect in my eyes ?
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN EAT MORE BARS?
Grab a big ol’ mixing bowl and dump in the Rice Krispies and peanuts. Set that aside.
Pour the corn syrup and chocolate chips into a sauce pan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. It really doesn’t take too long, about 5-10 minutes.
You want it looking like this ⬇
Once it’s boiling, take it off the heat. Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter until it’s completely combined and smooth.
Pour this mixture over the Rice Krispies and peanuts.
Mix like crazy until everything is coated.
Dump onto a greased cookie sheet.
Flatten with a spatula as much as you can, then cover with parchment paper and roll gently with a rolling pin until completely flat and smooth.
Let the Eat More Bars cool and then cut into desired size! DONE!
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/14 cups Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- Place the Rice Krispies and peanuts in a big mixing bowl.
- Bring the corn syrup and chocolate chips to a boil over medium heat. (About 10 minutes)
- Take off the heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the Rice Krispies and peanuts. Mix well, until everything is completely coated.
- Spread the mixture out into a greased cookie sheet with a spatula.
- Cover with parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin to make it completely smooth.
- Remove the parchment paper immediately and let the bars cool before cutting them into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer!
They'll last about 6 months in the freezer, 2-3 months in the fridge.