This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is creamy deliciousness with strong coffee, real pumpkin and warm pumpkin spice.
If you scoff at PSL’s, you’re not alone. They’re ridiculously popular-BUT- for good reason.
Such good reason, guys.
You’re mixing strong coffee (uh-huh) with real pumpkin (keep going..), warm pumpkin spices, vanilla and caramely brown sugar (SOLD!)
Pumpkin Spice Latte’s scream Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving. Fall is officially here on the day you order a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
We had to recreate one that doesn’t cost a million dollars (thanks, Starbucks…), is vegan and tastes phenomenal!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE?
Start by brewing your coffee or making some espresso. If you’re using brewed coffee, double the amount of grounds you usually use per cup of coffee. If you’re using espresso, make sure to add some extra milk.
Heat the non-dairy milk of your choice in the microwave or on the stove in a saucepan till super hot but not boiling.
Add the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, sugar, vanilla, salt to the heated milk and whisk until fully combined.
Pour in the coffee and whisk again. Pour into two mugs (or one giant ass mug) and top with vegan whip cream and cinnamon!
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Brew your coffee or make your espresso. See notes on the strength of coffee.
- Heat your non dairy milk either in the microwave or stovetop- microwave seems to be easier! Heat till hot, not boiling.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, brown sugar, vanilla and salt to the heated milk and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the coffee and whisk again. Pour into two mugs and top with vegan whip cream, cinnamon, chocolate shavings, whatever you want!
*I doubled the amount of grounds I usually used for a cup of coffee and liked the strength of the coffee ie; 3 scoops of ground coffee for 3 cups of coffee.
Did you make our Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte? How did it turn out for you? Let us know in the comments and click the photo below to pin it!