No Turkey Stuffing is based on the classic but made totally vegan. With potatoes, carrots, onions and more of a gravy-ish flavor, it’s delicious and easy to make!
We decided to do our take on the classic stuffing recipe and make it a bit more kid friendly and less onion-y.
When we made this, our kids kept asking for more (and so did we!). It’s that good.
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Feel free to use gluten free bread or buns and let us know how that goes!
HOW DO YOU MAKE NO TURKEY STUFFING?
Start by cutting your bread or buns into bite size chunks and then spreading them out onto a cookie sheet. Bake them at 250 for 20 minutes.
While your bread chunks are baking, heat your vegan butter in a nonstick pan and cook the potatoes, carrots and onions and celery on medium for 10 minutes.
While that’s cooking, whisk together the flour, water, spices, and vegetable bullion.
Add the broth mixture to the vegetables, bring it to a light boil and then cook for about 5 more minutes while stirring.
Put your bread chunks into a baking dish or dutch oven. Pour the broth and veggie mixture over top and lightly combine.
Bake, covered, at 250 for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes. Lightly flip the stuffing a couple of times during this time. The tops should be brown and crispy when it’s done!
WANT MORE FALL INSPIRED RECIPES?
- Easy Vegan Gravy
- Everything Mashed Potatoes
- Comforting Fall Soup
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Seitan Roast
- 4 heaping cups of cut up bread or buns ( we used potato buns )
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup potato, diced
- Vegetable bullion cube
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tbs Flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tbps nutritional yeast
- Cut the bread into bite size cubes and bake in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a nonstick pan and cook the carrots, potatoes and onions on medium for about 10 minutes.
- While that's cooking, whisk together water, bullion, flour and spices.
- Add the veggie broth flour mixture to the vegetables and bring to a light boil and cook for 5 more minutes while stirring.
- Place the bread chunks in a baking dish or dutch oven, pour the veggie mixture over and gently combine.
- Cover the dish with a lid or tinfoil and cook at 250 for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 30-40 minutes, lightly flipping a couple of times throughout.
- Tops should be brown and crispy!
- Serve with your favorite holiday meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you make No Turkey Stuffing? Let us know how it turned out in the comments and give the recipe a pin by clicking the photo below!